Written by Emily Weiss, Sports Information Student Assistant
Grand Rapids, Mich. – Both Alma College Cross Country teams placed tenth at the Knight-Raider Invitational on Friday, September 20 in their third meet of the season.
- The men's team sent a total of 13 runners and the women sent 12. The men's average time for their 8K was 28:38.20. The women's average time for their 6k was 21:58.90.
- Leading the women for the second meet in a row was senior Aubrey Hemstreet (Kalamazoo, Mich. / Portage Central High School). Hemstreet placed 12th overall with a time of 19:47.90.
- Next for the Scots was sophomore Cornelia Gotaas (Alma, Mich. / Alma) with a time of 21:42.60 placing 56th, followed by junior Haley Trickey (Millington, Mich. / Millington) with a time of 22:35.20.
- With a cumulative team time of 1:49:54.7, the women placed tenth out of 19 teams total.
- The men's team was led by senior Luke Reed (Benzonia, Mich. / Benzie Central) that had a time of 27:28.10 placing 22nd.
- The next to cross the finish line was sophomore Sean Pauley (Grand Rapids, Mich. / Grand Rapids Catholic Central) placing 42nd with a time of 28:13.90, followed by junior Nolan Rowland (Battle Creek, Mich. / Richland-Gull Lake) that finished 49th and getting a time of 28:44.50.
- With a cumulative time of 2:23:11.10, the men placed tenth against 21 total teams.
He Said It
"It was a brutally hot one today. If you looked at just the times and nothing else, you'd think it wasn't that fast of a race for us. But when you look at where we placed, it's a different story. We competed today. And we will keep going out there and continue to improve and get better each week. It's another positive step forward in the season for us."
– Head Coach Matt Chovanec
The next race will take place on Friday, October 20 at 1:30 p.m. at the Lansing Invitational. They will be competing at Grand Woods Park in Lansing.