Midland, Mich. – The Alma College volleyball team lost 3-0 (25-19, 25-19, 25-14) to Division Two Opponent Northwood University Wednesday (Oct. 24).
The Scots finish off their regular season at No. 1 Calvin Saturday at 1 p.m. Alma is currently in a tie for second in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. They can finish no worse than third in the conference.
- The Scots controlled an early lead of 8-7 in the first set. They held a 15-14 lead after freshman outside hitter Sara Majerle (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) got a kill set up by sophomore setter Haley Novak (Midland, Mich. / Bullock Creek). But the Timberwolves went on a 11-4 run to take the set.
- The second was back and forth with Alma taking a 15-14 lead on a kill from freshman middle blocker Bre DeLoye (Okemos, Mich. / Okemos). But Northwood went on another late run, a kill by junior outside hitter Georgia Miller cut the lead to five but they could not complete the comeback.
- It was close set for the early part of the third. Northwood started to stretch their lead but before they closed it out junior middle blocker Naomi Mason (Kaleva, Mich. / Brethren) earned the Scots final point with a kill set up by Novak.
- DeLoye had a career-high four kills.
- Miller had a game-high 15 digs.
- Majerle had a team-high nine kills.
- The first set was the Scots best offensive set with 11 kills and only one error.