Rock Island, Ill. - The Alma College volleyball team won its fifth and sixth straight matches on Saturday (Sept. 15). It defeated Webster University 3-1 and Loras College 3-0. Alma is now 10-1 overall, its only loss to No. 1 Calvin. Webster was 3-5 after its loss; Loras is now 10-4.
Freshman outside hitter Sara Majerle (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) had a team-highs of 21 kills, 37 digs and four aces on the day. Senior middle blocker Katie Bush (Lowell, Mich. / Lowell) and freshman middle blocker Haley Ullrich (Elk River, Minn. / Elk River) had 20 and 19 kills, respectively. Bush had a game-high 15 against Webster. Sophomore setter Haley Novak (Midland, Mich. / Bullock Creek) had 68 assists, 45 against Webster and 23 against Loras.
- Georgia Miller tied her career-high with 25 digs. Haley Novak did the same with her 20 digs. Sara Majerle's 22 digs were two off her career-high. All this happened in the game against Webster.
- Katie Bush had 15 kills and no errors against the Webster Gorloks. She is third in the MIAA with a .360 hit percentage.
- Bush also led all players with 5.5 blocks. She is first in the conference with 1.05 blocks per set.
- Webster hit .132 against Alma. Loras hit -.017.
- Sophomore libero Bailey Cantrell (Holt, Mich. / Mason) and Sara Majerle are first and fifth respectively in the MIAA in aces per set.
- Alma is third in the conference in hit percentage at .203 percent.
Alma opens conference play on Tuesday, Sept. 18 against Hope in Holland, Mich. The match is slated to start at 6:30 p.m.