Olivet, Mich. - The Alma College volleyball team fell to Olivet College 3-2 (25-22, 25-22, 14-25, 21-25, 10-15) on Friday evening in its penultimate match of the season.
Katie Bush (Lowell, Mich. / Lowell) led the team with 12 kills and a .250 kill percentage. Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) had a season-high 27 assists, the most she has tallied since Oct. 8, 2016, also against Olivet. Brooke Mason (Marshall, Mich. / Marshall) finished with a career-high 25 digs.
Alma is now 5-10 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and 8-15 overall while Olivet improves to 3-12 and 7-21.
- Alma started the first set with a 7-2 lead. It later went on two 4-0 runs to take a 20-10 lead. Despite a late-set comeback by the Comets, Alma closed the set on a kill by Muxlow, one of three of hers in the set, to earn the win.
- The Scots started the second set up 12-6, but Olivet would go on to score 10 of the next 14 points to tie the game at 16. From there, Alma scored four straight points and it would hold on to the lead for the rest of the set.
- Olivet got back in the game with a third set victory. They were helped by 10 Alma errors.
- Olivet tied the match at two with a fourth set win. The Comets had 18 kills in the set.
- Olivet won the fifth set after hitting .529 and committing zero errors.
- Alma hit .220 in the second set and had 15 kills, its highest of any set.
- Pelach had five kills in the second set and Novak added four.
Alma ends its season with a home match on Saturday, Oct. 28, against Adrian. The match is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. The program will honor its three-member senior class of Pelach, Muxlow and Madison DeLau (Perry, Mich. / Perry) prior to the game.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436