By Harrison LaLone, Sports Information student assistant
Chicago, Ill. - Alma College volleyball dropped the second of its two-match weekend road trip to Illinois Tech in four sets on Saturday (Oct. 7). Senior Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) led the way in kills (eight) and assists (17), while sophomore Georgia Miller (Georgetown, Ky. / Scott Country) led in digs (16).
- The Scots jumped out to a 21-12 lead in the first set before the Scarlet Hawks put together a 13-point run to take the first set 25-21. Alma managed 21 points while only getting three kills, all being assisted by Pelach.
- Six different Scots combined for 13 kills in the second-set victory with Pelach and Miller leading the way with three each.
- The third set ended 25-22 in favor of the Scarlet Hawks. All of the first three sets had a margin of victory less than five.
- Illinois Tech wrapped up the day with a 25-17 fourth set. Sophomore Naomi Mason (Kaleva, Mich. / Brethren) led the Scots with four kills in the set, bringing her total to seven.
- Naomi Mason ended the day with a career-high seven kills. Her previous best of three kills, against St. Norbert College (Ill.) on Sept. 16, was outdone in just the fourth set alone.
- Freshmen Olivia Washabaugh and Grace Hearth saw varsity action for the first time since the Sept. 2 match against Denison University (OH).
Alma will host Kalamazoo College at Art Smith Arena on Wednesday, Oct. 11. The match is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436