Notre Dame, Ind. - The Alma College volleyball fell to Saint Mary's 3-0 on Friday (Oct. 6) evening.
Alma is now 2-7 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and 5-11 overall while Adrian is 5-4 and 9-7.
Senior Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) finished one dig shy of her second straight triple-double. She posted 11 kills, 13 assists and nine digs, leading the team in the first two categories. Haley Novak (Midland, Mich. / Bullock Creek) had a team-high 16 digs to go along with 10 assists and seven kills. She also had two block assists.
- Saint Mary's won the first set 25-18. Alma had 11 kills in the set as it hit .235. A 6-0 run gave the Belles control with a 14-7 lead. The Scots climbed back to within four points but could not get any closer.
- The Belles carried that momentum into the second set with a 25-11 win.
- Alma had 13 kills in the third set, the most of any set in the match. Pelach had four kills in the set followed by both Novak and Georgia Miller (Georgetown, Ky. / Scott Country) with three each. Down 24-17, the Scots scored three straight points but could not pull any closer.
- Freshman Dayna Schaefer (Brighton, Mich. / Hartland) saw her first action of the year in the match.
- Miller led the team with a .200 hit percentage. Novak was close behind at .190.
Alma ends its three-game road trip with a visit to Illinois Tech on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436