Adrian, Mich. - The Alma College volleyball fell to Adrian 3-0 on Tuesday (Oct. 3) evening as it rounds out the first half of conference play. The Scots lost the three games by a combined seven points.
Alma is now 2-6 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and 5-10 overall while Adrian is 4-4 and 4-12.
Senior Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) posted her first triple-double of the season with 10 kills, 19 digs and 19 assists. She and Katie Bush (Lowell, Mich. / Lowell) led the team in kills with 10 each. Bush also had a team-high attack percentage of .391 percent.
- Adrian took the first set 25-23. The two teams fought for control in the middle of the set; Adrian went on a 7-2 run and Alma responded with a 6-2 run. The Bulldogs took a 17-14 lead after scoring four straight points. They would go on to win the set despite resistance from the Scots.
- Adrian took a 2-0 lead in the match with a 25-22 win in the second set. There were ten ties in the set and the biggest lead for either team was three points. Alma had a 12-9 lead but Adrian scored the next five points to go up 14-12. The Bulldogs held a one-point lead until their 22nd point of the set when they would extend it to two. They scored five of the set's final seven points.
- The third set saw 18 ties, the last being 24-24. Alma took an 11-8 lead (the biggest lead for either team in the set) after a 4-0 run and the two teams battled for the lead throughout the set. Kills from Bush, Haley Novak (Midland, Mich. / Bullock Creek) and Kara Muxlow (Brown City, Mich. / Brown City) guided Alma to a 24-23 lead but the Bulldogs would score the final three points of the set to secure the win.
- Pelach's triple-double is her first since Oct. 12, 2016, against Albion. It is also the 11th triple-double of her career, six of which came in her junior season.
- Georgia Miller (Georgetown, Ky. / Scott Country), the team-leader in kills and digs, had seven kills and 16 digs against the Bulldogs. She is currently ninth in the MIAA in digs (228) and eighth in digs per set (4.22).
- Novak finished two kills shy of her first career triple-double with eight kills, 17 digs and 10 assists.
Alma continues its stretch of road games with a matchup against Saint Mary's on Friday, Oct. 6 at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436