Alma, Mich. - The Alma College women's tennis team wrapped up its season on Tuesday (April 23) with a 9-0 loss to No. 32 Hope College. The Scots finish the season 9-9 overall and 2-6 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, while Hope improves to 14-5 and 7-0 in the conference, maintaining its top position in the league.
How It Happened
- Alma struggled against one of the best teams in the nation — it won a total of six games on the day.
- Emily McDonald (Wheeler, Mich. / Bullock Creek High School) had the most success of any Scot; she took four games in the first set against Erin LaBarge in the sixth singles match. She was overpowered, however, in the second set, falling 6-0.
- Lucy McCarthy (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) took a game from Taylor LaBarge, but also eventually fell 6-1, 6-0.
- McCarthy and Caroline Ross (Sandusky, Mich. / Sandusky) teamed up in doubles competition to face Sydney Jackson and Taylor LaBarge; the Scots fell 8-1.
- Claire Hallock def. Brooke Butterfield 6-0, 6-0
- Amanda Bandrowski def. Abigail Davenport 6-0, 6-0
- Sydney Jackson def. Caroline Ross 6-0, 6-0
- Taylor LaBarge def. Lucy McCarthy 6-0, 6-1
- Bailey Chorney def. Bernadette Garibay 6-0, 6-0
- Erin LaBarge def. Emily McDonald 6-4, 6-0