Alma, Mich. - The Alma College women's tennis team suffered a 9-0 defeat to Saint Mary's College (Ind.) on Monday (April 22). The Scots fall to 2-4 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association with the loss, while the Belles improve to 4-2.
How It Happened
- Caroline Ross (Sandusky, Mich. / Sandusky) took part in the closest match of the day. She fell 6-2, 6-2 to Lilly Chamberlin.
- Emily McDonald (Wheeler, Mich. / Bullock Creek High School) took three games from Lily Brandt in the sixth singles match, the most of any Scot on the day.
- The team of Ross and Lucy McCarthy (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) fought tough against Chamberlin and Alyssa Gulli but fell 8-3 in the second doubles match.
Alma closes the regular season with a home match against Hope on Tuesday (April 23). It is set to begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Monica Davy def. Brooke Butterfield 6-1, 6-0
- Megan Davy def. Abigail Davenport 6-1, 6-0
- Lilly Chamberlin def. Caroline Ross 6-2, 6-2
- Alyssa Gulli def. Lucy McCarthy 6-0, 6-0
- Elizabeth Preister def. Bernadette Garibay 6-1, 6-1
- Lily Brandt def. Emily McDonald 6-1, 6-3