Grand Rapids - The Alma College women's tennis team had its eight-game winning streak snapped by the regionally-ranked Calvin Knights, 9-0, on Wednesday (April 3) afternoon.
How It Happened
- Bernadette Garibay (Lansing, Mich. / Grand Ledge) took three games from Grace Brown before ultimately falling 6-3, 6-0.
- The team of Garibay and Emily McDonald (Wheeler, Mich. / Bullock Creek High School) played the closest doubles match, winning four games against Brown and Brittney Statema.
- Emma Lloyd made her first varsity appearance in the meet. She played the tightest game, falling 8-5 to Lexi Ganop.
The Scots return home to host Kalamazoo on Saturday (April 6) for a match beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Leah Newhof def. Brooke Butterfield 6-2, 6-0
- Madeline Brouwer def. Abigail Davenport 6-1, 6-0
- Maria Poortenga def. Caroline Ross 6-1, 6-0
- Maya Klopfenstein def. Lucy McCarthy 6-1, 6-0
- Grace Brown def. Bernadette Garibay 6-3, 6-0
- Alexis Bonner def. Emily McDonald 6-0, 6-0
- Lexi Ganop def. Emma Lloyd 8-5