Alma, Mich. – The Alma College women's soccer team loss, 4-1, to Kalamazoo College Saturday (Oct. 20). Alma is now 2-12-1 and 0-6-1 in the MIAA while Kalamazoo improves to 9-6-1 and 4-4-0 in conference.
Senior Lexi Moyer (Suttons Bay, Mich. / Traverse City West) scored the lone Scots goal in the 25thminute.
Libby Munoz led the way for the hornets scoring two goals. Kalamazoo clinched a berth into the conference tournament with the win.
- After clear skies through much of warmups, a rain storm came through the area just as the game kicked off. For much of the first half, the game was played in rainy and windy conditions.
- The rough weather did not stop Kalamazoo though, Josie Sibley opened up the game with a goal in the sixth minute, then Munoz scored her first of the game in the 13thminute. Munoz followed that up with her second in the 25thminute.
- But the scots were able to respond quickly. 23 seconds after falling down, 3-0, Moyer was awarded a penalty shot. After being denied in the attempt, Moyer picked up the rebound and stuffed it in for her second goal of the season.
- The weather cleared up for the second half as both teams played tight for the final 45 minutes. Kai Ketola scored the final tally of the game in the 72ndminute.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Ally Wentworth made six saves for the Scots. She currently ranks second in the conference with 89 total.
- After scoring two during Alma's three game road trip, freshman Meghan Pfile (South Lyon, Mich. / South Lyon) was kept off the score sheet. She did record one shot on goal for the game.
- Munoz's two goals put her at 12 on the season which leads all players in the MIAA. She had the most goals in the league last year as well.
The Scots play one final road game at Madonna University on Monday (Oct. 22) at 4 p.m. They return to Alma for the final game of the season on Wednesday (Oct. 24) to play Hope College at 4 p.m. The 2018 senior class will be honored.