Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Alma College women's soccer team loss, 2-0, to Calvin College Tuesday (Oct. 16). Sophomore goalkeeper Ally Wentworth (Mt. Pleasant, Mich. / Mt. Pleasant) stopped a career high 16 shots. Alma drops to 2-11-1 overall (0-5-1 MIAA). Calvin improves to 8-4-2 (3-2-1 MIAA).
- Wentworth made her first five saves as the Scots were able to keep the Knights off the board until just under 40 minutes underway, Emily Van Vliet scored to make it 1-0.
- In the second half, Calvin kept up the pressure, after 13 shots in the opening half, they followed with 16 more in the second. Nicole Hale made it 2-0 for the Knights.
- The Scots looked to get on the scoredboard late, senior Lexi Moyer (Suttons Bay, Mich. / Traverse City West) had two shots on net in the final ten minutes including a header chance but was denied both times.
- All six of Alma's shots were on goal.
- Calvin's Amy Kliewer had her sixth shutout of the season.
The Scots return home for a matchup with Kalamazoo College Saturday. Kickoff is at noon.