Alma, Mich. - Senior Ashley Bonam (Ann Arbor, Mich./Pioneer) scored with 4:36 remaining in the second overtime to lift the Alma College women's soccer team to a 2-1 victory on Monday (Oct. 30) over Albion College at Scotland Yard.
Senior Janelle Christensen (Allendale, Mich./Allendale) also scored for the Scots (6-10-2 overall, 6-10-2 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association) as Alma wrapped up its season with four wins in its final five games.
Senior Kelsey Postema (Marshall, Mich./Marshall) made nine saves, including two in extra time, en route to her 22nd career victory.
How It Happened
- The Britons scored in the 22nd minute when Samantha LaRocca found the net off of an assist from Alex Radzville.
- Janelle Christensen tied the game in the 67th minute with a shot that found the inside of the left post.
- Ashley Bonam netted the game winner in the 106th minute, scoring from the right side of the box after collecting a shot from Mackenzie Rajewski.
- Kelsey Postema finishes her career with 22 victories, third most in Alma College history. She also finishes with 313 career saves, second all-time.
- Ashley Bonam's goal was her first of the season. She finishes her career with two goals.
- Janelle Christensen scored her sixth goal of the season and finished her career with seven markers.
- Alma was victorious in four of its final five games. Under Head Coach Ashley Bingaman, the Scots are 13-8-3 in the second half of the MIAA schedule during the last three years.