Alma, Mich. - The Alma College women's soccer team was downed by a 3-1 margin on Monday (Sept. 11) afternoon at Scotland Yard, as Kalamazoo College scored three unanswered goals, including a pair in the second half.
Alma (0-3-2 overall, 0-3-0 MIAA) scored first when senior Amanda Mladenovski (Shelby Township, Mich./Henry Ford II) scored on a free kick early in the game, but the Hornets responded with three straight, including a pair of goals by Libby Munoz.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Amanda Mladenovski scored in the fifth minute off a free kick to give the Scots a 1-0 lead.
- Kalamazoo responded in the 18th minute on a goal by Libby Munoz. Munoz would score again in the 64th minute to give the Hornets the lead.
- Josie Sibley scored an insurance goal in the 72nd minute, with Munoz adding an assist.
- Senior Kelsey Postema (Marshall, Mich./Marshall) made four saves in goal as Kalamazoo outshot Alma by a 17-7 margin.
- Amanda Mladenovski now has a team-high three goals this season, matching her season best that took place over 20 games as a freshman in 2014. She has provided Alma's only scoring in each of the last two games.
UP NEXT …
The Scots will travel to Grand Rapids, Mich., on Thursday, Sept. 14, to face Calvin College. First touch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at the Zuidema Soccer Field on the campus of Calvin College.