Olivet, Mich. - The Alma College women's soccer team suffered a 4-1 setback on Saturday (Sept. 9) afternoon to Olivet College in the first conference road game for the Scots this season.
Olivet (4-0-0 overall, 2-0-0 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association) scored in the 19th minute to take a 1-0 lead before getting back-to-back goals 33 seconds apart in the 31st and 32nd minutes to pull away. The Comets added another marker in the 39th minute when Maya Prewitt scored her second of the game.
Alma's (0-2-2, 0-2-0 MIAA) goal was scored by senior Amanda Mladenovski (Shelby Township, Mich./Henry Ford II) in the 51st minute.
How it Happened
- Olivet opened the game with a goal by Emma Essen in the 19th minute on a penalty kick.
- The Comets scored twice in 33 seconds, with Maya Prewitt finding the net in the 31st minute, followed by Isabelle Leon's goal in the 32nd minute.
- Prewitt scored again of Olivet in the 39th minute
- Amanda Mladenovski scored the game's only goal in the second half, finding the net in the 51st minute off an assist by senior Janelle Christiansen (Allendale, Mich./Allendale)
- After four games, Amanda Mladenovski has two goals, surpassing her goal total from 13 games last season. She is also one goal shy of her career high of three, which she tallied as a freshman over 20 games.
- Janelle Christensen was credited with her second career assist.
Next Up …
The Scots will return to Scotland Yard on the campus of Alma College on Monday, Sept. 11, to host defensing MIAA champion Kalamazoo College. The game, a rematch of last season's MIAA Tournament semifinal, is scheduled for a 4:00 p.m. start.