By Harrison LaLone, Sports Information student assistant
Duluth, Minn. - The non-conference trip to Minnesota for the Alma College women's soccer team finished today (Sept. 3) with a draw against Concordia College (MN), bringing Alma's record to 0-0-2.
Senior Kelsey Postema (Marshall, Mich./Marshall) posted seven saves for her first shutout of the 2017 campaign.
Senior Whitnee Foote (Mt. Pleasant, Mich./Mt. Pleasant) led the Scots with two of the only four shots on goal against the Cobbers.
- Alma's three second-half shots all came within the last four minutes of regulation, two by Foote and one by senior Janelle Christensen (Allendale, Mich./Allendale).
- Junior Madi Ferry (Bloomfield Hills, Mich./Bloomfield) had the lone shot on goal in the first half.
They Said It
"It was a very hard fought battle. This weekend was good for us, it challenged us in many ways and we saw areas we need to work on. You want to play as tough of competition as possible, and we really found some evenly matched opponents. Now our challenge is winning those games. The MIAA is so competitive so we need to be able to put away games." - Head Coach Ashley Bingaman
- Lexi Moyer and Makenzie Rajewski were named to the 2017 Advantage Emblem Cup All-Tournament Team.
- The Scots opened the season with back-to-back ties for the first time in the history of the program.
- The 0-0 tie marked Alma's first scoreless draw since a scoreless decision at Hope on October 24, 2015.
The Scots return for their home opener against Adrian College on Wednesday, Sept. 6, at Scotland Yard. The match, Alma's first conference game of the season, is scheduled to kick off at 4:00 p.m.