Ada, Ohio – The Alma College wrestling team scored 41 points to finish 12that the Ohio Northern Invitational Saturday (Dec. 1). Sophomores Austin Wieczorek (Kenwood, Mich. / East Kentwood) and Joe Vondrasek (Owosso, Mich. / Owosso) both took home sixth place in their respective weight classes.
- Three Scots started their days with two wins including freshmen Jacob Ransom (Traverse City, Mich. / Traverse City West) and Jayce Kuehnlein (St. Louis, Mich. / St. Louis). Junior Jake Anderson (Rochester Hills, Mich. / Rochester Adams) made his season debut and won his first two bouts in the 141 lb class.
- Freshman Dillon Stevenson (Mesa, Ariz. / Desert Ridge) won three in a row in his collegiate debut. Stevenson ended up finishing 8th in the 174 lb class.
- After falling in his opening bout, Wieczorek reeled off two wins both by major decision en route to his sixth-place finish. Vondrasek started off 1-1 and then won back-to-back as he worked his way through the consolation rounds.
- Vondrasek and Stevenson led the way for Alma with three wins. Kuehnlein, Ransom, Wieczorek and Anderson were the other Scots with multiple victories at the Invitational.
- Vondrasek now has an 8-8 record this season.
- Freshman Dylan Seaton (Port Huron, Mich. / Port Huron Northern) went 1-2 on the day, he leads the team with 11 wins this season.
Alma has one more competition in the year 2018. The team heads to the North Central Invitational on Saturday (Dec. 8).