Alma, Mich. - The Alma College women's lacrosse team dropped a 22-1 decision to Saint Mary's College (IN) on Saturday (March 30) afternoon.
Allie Ray (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y. / Comsewogue) made 15 stops in net for the Scots (3-5, 0-2 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association). Olivet Benoit (Grosse Pointe, Mich. / Grosse Pointe North) scored Alma's only goal.
How It Happened
- Saint Mary's scored four goals in the first 3:12 of the game. The Belles would put up 13 goals in the first half.
- Benoit scored an unassisted goal, her 31st of the season, early in the second half. She took the ball coast-to-coast, earning a clear attempt for the Scots and was given a clear path to the goal, which she took to rip a shot past Saint Mary's goalie Emily Kraker.
- Allie Ray now has 464 saves in her career, three away from tying the program's all-time record.
- Olivia Benoit moved into sole possession of fifth place on Alma's all-time goal-scoring list with 70. She is 13 away from fourth-place Shelby Frazer.
- Saint Mary's Rachel Leonard was disqualified early in the first half after receiving two yellow cards.
Alma returns to the road on Tuesday (April 2) when it travels to Grand Rapids to face Calvin College at 7:00 p.m.