Albion, Mich. - The Alma College women's lacrosse team fell to Albion on Wednesday (April 11) 16-6. Brianna Soriano (San Diego, Calif. / Serra) had a team-high three goals for the Scots as well as six ground balls and a game-high seven caused turnovers.
Allie Ray (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y. / Comsewogue) made 19 saves in the loss for Alma (4-6, 1-4 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association), the second most she has made this season. Freshman Sam DeBoer (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) had two goals; she had two goals entering the game. Alyssa Gall (Richmond, Mich. / Richmond) also had a goal, tying her season total entering the game. Shelby Frazer (Holt, Mich. / Holt) had two assists.
Cait Gaitley scored five goals for the Britons (7-4, 3-1 MIAA). Abby Sheklow and Lauren Weigand each scored three goals.
How It Happened
- Gall scored Alma's first goal at 27:14 to tie the game at one.
- Soriano scored her first goal of the game on a free position shot at 7:49 to cut Albion's lead to 4-2.
- DeBoer scored at the 5:12 mark on an assist from Frazer to make the score 6-3.
- Soriano scored again at 15:50 of the second half on a free position shot.
- Alma scored the last two goals of the game; Soriano tallied her 34th goal at 7:00 and DeBoer scored on an assist from Olivia Benoit (Grosse Pointe, Mich. / Grosse Pointe North) at 0:42.
- Brianna Soriano is fourth in the MIAA in goals scored with 34.
- Shelby Frazer's two assists are the most since March 20, 2016, when she tallied three assists as a sophomore.
- Allie Ray is first in the conference in saves (158) and second in save percentage (53.7).
Alma hosts Trine on Saturday (April 14) at 4:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director