Battle Creek, Mich. - The Alma College women's golf team played the first round of the MIAA Fall Finale on Friday (Oct. 6), ending the day with a score of 341 (+53) and a spot in fourth place. In first place for the team today and tied for ninth overall was junior Kennedy Hilley (Lake Odessa, Mich./Lakewood), who scored an 81 (+9).
The Scots continue to hold fourth place in the conference standings, 42 strokes ahead of fifth-place Albion College heading into their final competition of the season. A top-four finish will secure them a spot in the spring NCAA qualifier.
- Junior Tori Basso (Lake Orion, Mich./Lake Orion) finished 12th overall and second for the Scots with her score of 82 (+10).
- Senior Katie Neiswender (Quincy, Ill./Notre Dame) and sophomore Jennifer Kowalczyk (Northville, Mich./Northville) tied for 24th overall, scoring an 89 (+17) each.
- Junior Hannah Joslin (Linden, Mich./Linden) tied for 30th place and tallying a 91 (+19).
They Said It
- "We came, we saw, we solidified our fourth place position to play in the Spring NCAA qualifier. A pretty good effort at 341, we'd love to break out with something in the 330's on Saturday." - Head Coach Charlie Goffnett
- The Scots will continue action in the second round of the Fall Finale on Saturday (Oct. 6) beginning at 10 a.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436