Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Angola, Ind. - The Alma College women's golf team participated in the second MIAA Jamboree on Saturday (Sept. 23), finishing in fifth place with a team score of 347 (+59). Finishing just two strokes under fourth place Trine University, the Scots had three golfers place in the top 25 of scorers, with junior Kennedy Hilley (Lake Odessa, Mich./Lakewood) tying for fifth place with her score of 82 (+10).
- Junior Tori Basso (Lake Orion, Mich./Lake Orion) finished three strokes behind Hilley, ending the day in 13th place with her score of 85 (+13).
- Junior Hannah Joslin (Linden, Mich./Linden) came in 24th place, rounding out the Scots' top 25 with a score of 89 (+17).
- In fourth and fifth place for the team, sophomore Jennifer Kowalczyk (Northville, Mich./Northville) and senior Katie Neiswender (Quincy, Ill./Notre Dame) tied for 28th and 38th place with 91 and 98 strokes apiece.
- This was Hilley's third overall top ten finish of the season thus far, and her fourth first-place finish for the Scots.
- Three Scots saw improvement from their scores at the first MIAA Jamboree, with Neiswender taking 11 strokes off her game, Hilley three, and Joslin two.
- Today's tournament was Joslin's lowest scoring game so far this season, and Neiswender tied with her season low of 91 strokes.
They Said It
"It was a good effort out on the course today for the girls. We will continue to be on the hunt for a top-four spot at the end [of the MIAA Jamborees]." - Head Coach Charlie Goffnett
The women will continue MIAA play at the third Jamboree next Wednesday (Sept. 27) in Grand Rapids at the Thornapple Point Golf Club. Tee-off is at 1:30 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436