Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Marshall, Mich. - The Alma College women's golf team ended its day at the Olivet Invitational on Saturday (Sept. 9), finishing in 8th place and improving from its 10th place spot at the end of round one yesterday. The final score for the Scots was 730 (+154).
- Junior Kennedy Hilley (Lake Odessa, Mich./Lakewood) maintained her team lead with an 18th-place finish, improving from 88 strokes to 85 for a final score of 173.
- Junior Tori Basso (Lake Orion, Mich./Lake Orion) similarly remained in 2nd place for the Scots, ending in a tie for 36th place and with a score of 181.
- Three Scots improved their round one scores and moved up in the final individual rankings at the end of the day.
They Said It
- "We did better today but there is still room for improvement. We have time to work on our game and improve before MIAA action begins." - Head Coach Charlie Goffnett
- The Scots finished the tournament 27 strokes behind 7th-place Carthage College.
- Junior Hannah Joslin (Linden, Mich./Linden) improved upon her Friday score, taking 11 strokes off her game and moving from 50th to 40th place with a total score of 183.
- Competing individually, freshman Kirstyn Cotton (Midland, Mich./Midland) finished in 46th place with a score of 190.
The women host the Scottie Invitational next Saturday (Sept. 16) at the Pine River Country Club in Alma, Mich. Tee-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436