Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Marshall, Mich.- The Alma College women's golf team played round one of the Olivet Invitational on Friday (Sept. 8), landing in 10th place out of 12 teams. The Scots ended the day with a total score of 373. In first place at the end of Friday's competition was DePauw University, with their score of 314.
- Junior Kennedy Hilley (Lake Odessa, Mich./Lakewood) led the team with her round one score of 88 (+16), placing her in a tie for 23rd place.
- In a tie for 32nd place, junior Tori Basso (Lake Orion, Mich./Lake Orion) ended the day with a score of 90 (+18).
They Said It
- "It was a slow start, but thankfully we get the chance to play Saturday and improve our game." - Head coach Charlie Goffnett
- The Scots, with their score of 373, are behind 9th place Calvin College by only six strokes.
- Junior Hannah Joslin had a score of 97 (+25), and the team's only senior Katie Neiswender (Quincy, Ill./Notre Dame) finished in 53rd place with 98 strokes (+26). Sophomore Jennifer Kowalczyk (Northville, Mich./Northville) tied with Neiswender.
- In similar results as last year's Olivet Invitational, Hilley is the current leading scorer for the Scots.
The women are back in action tomorrow (Sept. 9) at round two of Olivet's invitational. Tee-off at the Medalist Golf Club is scheduled for 9 a.m.