Written by Emily Weiss, Sports Information Assistant
Kettering, Ohio - Alma College women's bowling finished second this weekend (Nov. 9 and Nov. 10) in the Roto Grip Raider Classic. Senior Emma Davis (Horton, Mich / Hanover Horton) led the Scots and finished fourth overall. She was followed by sophomore Kemmie Shunk and sophomore Rachel Kuczajda.
How it Happened
- Davis scored a total of 983 points with a tournament average of 196.6.
- Shunk placed sixth with a score of 959 and an average of 191.8, she was followed by Kuzajda in 10th and senior Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio / Defiance Senior High) in 70th.
- Alma finished just behind Wright State University placing second with a combined score - including the baker games - of 8152 on day one of the weekend. Alma's performance qualified them for the Varsity Eliminator on day two.
- Alma competed against Wright State, Urbana, and Notre Dame in the Varsity Eliminator. The Scots finished first in the semi-finals with a total score of 811 qualifying them for the finals.
- The Scots battled the Raiders in the finals, but couldn't pull out the win. Alma scored a total of 324, just 34 behind Wright State.
The Alma College Women's bowling team will be competing in the BGSU Falcon Classic at Interstate Lanes in Rossford, Ohio on Saturday (Oct. 16).