Addison, Ill. - The Alma College bowling team finished the Intercollegiate Team Championships (ITC) sectional qualifier in tenth place over the weekend (March 9 & 10). The Scots scored a total of 11768 points over 64 baker games, averaging 183.9 per game. The top four teams from four nation-wide sectionals make it to the championship.
How It Happened
- Alma began the tournament with 187 in its first game. It posted back-to-back scores of 205 and 221 in games four and five and 207 and 211 in games 11 and 12.
- The Scots' best stretch came in games 26 and 27, where they put together games of 224 and 234, the latter being the team's highest of the tournament.
- After one day of competition, Alma sat in 12th place out of 19 teams.
- The Scots began Sunday with a 202 in the 33rd game and put up the same score in game 37. They would enter the fourth and final block of games in tenth place overall, gaining ground on ninth place Saint Xavier.
- Alma scored over 200 in its final six games, including a high of 209 in the penultimate game. Despite their strong finish, the Scots remained in tenth place, nearly 300 points behind the ninth-place finisher Aquinas.
This concludes the Scots' season.