Indianapolis - The Alma College bowling team finished in tenth place at the Columbia 300 Western Shoot Out over the weekend (Oct. 20-21). Junior Emma Davis (Horton, Mich / Hanover Horton) led the Scots with a 175.0 average over six games. Junior Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio / Defiance Senior High) was just behind her with a 174.5.
How It Happened
- Alma scored an 800 and a 797 in the first two games. It's lowest was the third game with it totaled 769.
- The Scots followed up two sub-800 games with an 824 in game 4 and an 884 in game 5. Davis posted 205 and 180 in the two games, while Sarah Wilson (Croswell, Mich. / Croswell-Lexington) tallied a season-best and round-high 192 in the fifth.
- Kemmie Shunk had a team-high 212 in game six to lead Alma to an 804 total. The Scots scored 4878 points overall, averaging 813 points over six games.
- Kemmie Shunk has the team's two highest scores of the season having posted a 243 at the Orange and Black Classic last week.
- Alma's best game was the fifth when it scored an average of 176.8 over five players. Four Scots put up a 180 or better.
The Scots will travel to Fort Wayne, Ind. to take part in the American Heartland I Tournament next weekend (Oct. 27-28).