Centreville, Ohio - The Alma College bowling team began its season with a 14th place finish at the Orange and Black Classic over the weekend (Oct 13 and 14). Three players from the University of Pikeville finished in the top five of individual players.
Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio / Defiance Senior High) led the Scots with 880 total pins and a best game of 196. Emma Davis (Horton, Mich / Hanover Horton) finished second on the team with a total score of 824. Freshman Kemmie Shunk had the Scots' highest average at 182.25 over four games and a team high 243 in the third round.
How It Happened
- The Scots' best games were the second and third. Zalenko and Shunk came up with big games to lead Alma as the rest of the team averaged below 170.
- Alma ended the tournament with an 830 behind a 199 from Kasidey Easlick (Gladwin, Mich. / Gladwin).
- Freshman Emily Zalenko (White Lake, Mich. / North Farmington) scored a 191 scored a 191 in the second game.
- The junior varsity team made the cut for the bracket-style tournament but fell to Pikeville in a best two-out-of-three series.
- Rachel Kuczajda posted a total of 933 in the JV tournament. She had a 222 in the third game and a 198 in the fourth.
Josee Hale - 880, average 176.00
Emma Davis - 824, average 164.80
Kemmie Shunk - 729, average 182.25
Kasidey Easlick - 497, average 165.67
Sarah Wilson - 458, average 152.67
Brooke Fornetti - 451, average 150.33
Emily Zalenko - 333, average 166.50
Alma will compete in the Columbia 300 Western Shootout in Indianapolis on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 20 and 21.