Kettering, Ohio - The Alma College women's bowling team traveled to Kettering, Ohio on Saturday (Nov. 11) to compete in the two-day Roto Grip Raider Classic. The Scots finished 10th of 25 teams at the end of the tournament on Sunday, improving from a 14th-place finish on Saturday.
Sophomore Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio/Defiance Senior High) led the Scots this weekend, scoring an 882 over five games and averaging 176 pins per game. She placed 30th among all bowlers. Junior Sarah Wilson had an overall pinfall of 860, averaging 172 pins over five games.
- Alma's best game on Saturday was its fifth where it scored 898, averaging 179.6 over five bowlers.
- The team's best baker block game was also its fifth on Sunday when it bowled a 781.
- Wilson (Croswell, Mich./Croswell-Lexington) had the highest-scoring game for the Scots, with a pinfall of 202 in her second game.
- Brooke Fornetti (Iron Mountain, Mich./Iron Mountain) bowled the other 200 game for the Scots with an even 200 in the second game.
They Said It
- "The girls came in determined to move up today and bowled extremely well. They got stronger as the day went on and moved up to 10th overall by the end. Very proud of the effort the girls put out." - Head Coach Kyle Woodcock
- The team will travel to Rossford, Ohio on Saturday (Nov. 18) for the Bowling Green State University Falcon Classic.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director