Wooster, Ohio - The Alma College women's basketball team dropped its second game of the year to Hanover on Sunday, Nov. 19, by a score of 86-62 in the consolation game of the Nan Nichols Classic Tournament. The Scots are now 0-2 this season while Hanover is 2-1.
Chloee King (Standish, Mich./Standish-Sterling Central) posted 12 points on 3-of-6 shooting and added three steals and three rebounds. She was named to the All-Tournament team after averaging a team-high 14.5 points on 9-of-18 shooting and 6-of-13 from deep.
Madison Hill (Midland, Mich./Bullock Creek) led the Scots with 13 points against the Panthers. She also added five rebounds. Emily Eldridge (Battle Creek, Mich./Battle Creek Lakeview) grabbed a team-high seven boards while Jeny Brandt (Escanaba, Mich./Escanaba) blocked two shots.
The Scots out-rebounded Hanover 42-30. Five Scots had at least four rebounds in addition to five team rebounds.
- The Scots started the game up 9-5 but Hanover went on an 18-5 run over a five-minute span in the first quarter to go from down three to up ten.
- Alma won the second quarter 18-17 and entered the half down 45-36. Hill had seven points in the second quarter followed by King with five and Madeline Barnauskas (Livonia, Mich./Dearborn Divine Child) with four.
- Hanover went on a 21-8 run over a five-minute span in the third quarter to take a commanding 74-52 lead. The Panthers went 6-for-8 from three-point range in the quarter.
- Alma scored 10 points in the fourth quarter, led by Meaghan Nanasy (Swartz Creek, Mich./Durand Area) with four.
- Alma made 15-of-29 free throws in the game, its most free throws and best free throw percentage of the season thus far.
- King is tied for fifth in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association with 14.5 points per game. Barnauskas is tied for seventh with 14 ppg.
- Over two games, Brandt is second in the conference with 8.5 rebounds per game.
- The Scots lead the conference with 45 rebounds and five blocks per game.
Alma opens conference play in its first home game of the year on Tuesday, Nov. 21, against Olivet. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director