Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Saginaw, Mich. - The Alma College track and field team competed in the Saginaw Valley State University Classic on Friday (Jan. 10).
- Alma had four women competing in the final in the shot put out of nine total competitors. Charley Hengesbach (Saginaw, Mich. / Nouvel Catholic Central) led the Scots with a fifth-place finish, going for 12.03 meters in the final. Bailey Hoffman (Olivet, Mich. / Olivet) threw 11.72 meters, Mariah Dunkin threw 11.43 meters and Sophie Patrick rounded out the top nine with a distance of 11.19 meters.
- Devyn Ramirez (Zeeland, Mich. / Zeeland East High School) also made the shot final on the men's side, throwing for 12.13 meters in the final.
- Jacob Wildenhaus (Jackson, Mich / Lumen Christi) finished second in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.84.
- Cornelia Gotaas (Alma, Mich. / Alma) was second in the 800 with a time of 2:38.15.
- Abigail Mooney made the long jump final with a distance of 4.44 meters.
- Grace Hearth (Freeland, Mich. / Valley Lutheran) had a season-best jump in the triple jump, jumping 9.75 meters, beating her previous season-high of 9.67 meters.
- Nolan Rowland (Battle Creek, Mich. / Richland-Gull Lake) also set a new personal best in the pole vault, jumping 3.90 meters.
- Timothy Carlington (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac Senior High School) finished third in the men's 800 meters run with a time of 2:04.57
Alma returns to SVSU on Friday (Jan. 24) and Saturday (Jan. 25) for the Jet's Pizza Invitational.