Holland, Mich. - The Alma College track and field team competed in Day 2 of the MIAA Outdoor Championships on Friday (May 3). Both the men's and women's teams finished in seventh place.
Senior Erin Goggins (Hastings, Mich. / Hastings) placed second in the pole vault, the Scots' highest finisher in any event, with a leap of 3.15 meters. Sophomore Charley Hengesbach (Saginaw, Mich. / Nouvel Catholic Central) finished third shot put 12.13 meters, tying her personal best set in the preliminaries.
How It Happened
- Goggins, Audrey Padilla (Manistee, Mich. / Manistee), Lauren Kucharczyk (Livonia, Mich. / Churchill) and Stephanie Davis (Elmira, Mich. / Gaylord) finished seventh in the women's 4x100 meter relay at 54.53.
- Jacob Wildenhaus (Jackson, Mich / Lumen Christi), Timothy Minier (Battle Creek, Mich. / St. Philip Catholic Central), Jared Lang and Jared Fleming (Williamston, Mich. / Williamston) did the same in the men's 4x100 meter relay, coming in at 44.85.
- Padilla, Goggins, Davis and Aubrey Boos (Grand Rapids, Mich. / Kenowa Hills) placed sixth in the 4x400 relay with a time of 4:25.95.
- Zane Stanton, Minier, Justin Jones (Rockford, Mich. / Cedar Springs), and Fleming came in seventh in the 4x400 meter run at 3:38.19.
- Davis placed eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at 17.28 and seventh in the 400-meter hurdles at 1:13.08, improving on her prelim time of 1:14.83.
- Wildenhaus came in fifth in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 15.63, improving on his prelim time of 15.84.
- Stanton placed sixth in the 110-meter hurdles 16.00, beating his qualifying time by 0.29 seconds. He also finished eighth in the 400-meter hurdles at 1:17.38.
- Aubrey Hemstreet (Portage, Mich. / Portage Central) finished the 10000 meter run in fourth place at 39:33.02 and the 5000 meter run in eighth place at 18:58.38.
- Kyle Kraus (Middleville, Mich. / Thornapple-Kellogg) placed seventh in the 110-meter hurdles at 17.24 and sixth in the pole vault at 3.70 meters.
- Nolan Rowland (Battle Creek, Mich. / Richland-Gull Lake) was tied for seventh in the pole vault at 3.55 meters.
- Bailey Hoffman (Olivet, Mich. / Olivet) placed fifth in the shot put with a throw of 11.65 meters.
- Padilla came in seventh in the 400-meter dash at 1:04.82.
- Fleming finished seventh in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 53.70.
- Jacob Eck (Fort Wayne, Ind. / Eastside) placed eighth in the discus with a throw of 38.46 meters.
Alma will compete in a host of last-chance meets before the NCAA Division III Championships, starting with the GVSU Last Chance Meet on Wednesday (May 8).