|High School:||Benzie Central|
Personal Bests (Year):
800-meter run: 2:17.86 (2017)
1000-meter run: 2:53.96 (2017)
One Mile run: 4:46.25 (2017)
3000-meter run: 9:24.67 (2018)
5000-meter run: 16:26.99 (2018)
3000-meter steeplechase: 10:16.97 (2017)
- Competed in six meets.
- Earned one point in the MIAA Outdoor Championships for his 3000-meter steeplechase performance.
- Won the 3000-meter steeplechase at the Calvin College Tune-Up.
- Competed in four meets
- Competed in five meets
- Won the 3000-meter run at the Clavin College Tune-Up in a personal-best 9:27.49
- Set personal-best 10:16.97 in the 3000-meter steeplechase at the Jim Cole Scottie Open
- Ran personal-best 16:32.12 in the 5000-meter run at the Ferris State Bulldog Open
- Competed in five meets
- Finished second in the 1000 meter run at the Aquinas College Little meet with a season-best time of 2:53.96
- A member of the third-place 4x400 meter team at the Jack Skoog Open
- Set season-best time in the 3000 meter run at the MIAA Indoor Championships
High School: Graduated with high honors from Benzie Central High School ... Earned four varsity letters in track under coach Asa Kelly. Helped squad to a pair of MHSAA Regional championships ... Back-to-back Northwest Conference champion as a member of the 3,200-meter relay, winning the title as a junior and senior ... Captured the 3,200-meter run crown during senior season ... Earned all-conference honors in the 1,600 meters and 800 meteres and was named the senior athlete of the Northwest Conference meet ... 3,200-meter relay team was regional champs during senior campaign ... Earned all-region honors in the 1,600 meters and 3,200 meter relay and was named all-state in the relay event ... Received academic all-state honors as a senior ... Earned all-region honors in 1,600 and 3,200 meters as a junior ... As a sophomore, received all-conference accolades in the 1,600 meters while earning all-region honors in 1,600 and 3,200 meters as well as the 1,600 meter relay ... All-region runner in the 3,200 meters as a freshman ... Also earned two varsity letters in basketball and another two in football ... Honorable mention selection to the Michigan High School Football Coaches Academic All-State squad ... Member of the National Honor Society.
Community Service: Served as a volunteer coach and referee for the Benzie Youth Basketball league ... Volunteered at Grow Benzie, Relay for Life and Beulah Fall Festival through the Benzie football program ... Received BC 4 BC (Benzie Central 4 a Better Community) Service Award in 2015 based on his work through the football program.
Personal: Chose Alma College because of its pre-physical therapy program and his respect for the cross country/track and field program ... Father, Matt, played football and ran track at Adrian College ... Grandfather, Vern, ran cross country and track at Central Michigan University ... Uncle, Rob Miller, played basketball at Spring Arbor University ... Luke is also a member of the Alma College Men's Cross Country program.