Kenosha, Wis.- The Alma College swimming and diving team participated in the second day of the A3 Carthage Classic on Friday, November 30. The swimmers began competition last night with relay and distance events, and continued today with preliminary races and evening finals.
- On Thursday night, The men's 800-meter freestyle relay team of Cole Malhoit, Eric Ferrara (Livonia, Mich. Stevenson), Max Carey (Highland, Mich. International Academy West), and Matthew Thomas (Griffith, Ind. / Griffith Senior) came in seventh place, finishing the race in 7:43.23.
- Eric Ferrara swam the distance races on Thursday, finishing the 1650-yard freestyle event in 13th place (17:19.28). In addition, Ferrara finished in 14th in the finals of the 100 freestyle race on Friday evening.
- The best finish for the Scots on Friday came from sophomore Allison Brown (Spring Lake, Mich. Spring Lake), who raced in the finals of the women's 200-yard backstroke and took fourth place (2:14.00). Caitlin Jodway (Westland, Mich. Livonia Franklin) swam in the 200 as well and finished in 14th.
- Haven Westra (Jenison, Mich. Jenison) took ninth place in the 200 breaststroke event, finishing the finals race in 2:37.16. Right behind her in 10th place was Jennifer Ostrowski (Northville, Mich. / Northville) (2:37.39).
- The women's 400-yard relay team of Brown, Ostrowski, Kate Lehman (Haslett Mich. / Haslett), and Sarah Gaines took fifth place with their cumulative time of 4:11.35.
- A trio of Scots placed in the men's 100 butterfly race. Max Carey finished in 11th place (57.19), Cole Malhoit took 12th (58.65), and Connor Hart came in 13th (59.95).
The Scots will wrap up competition at Carthage tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. The team will travel to Deerfield Beach, Florida over winter break for a dual meet with Clarkston University on December 20.