Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Grand Rapids, Mich.- The Alma College swim and dive team traveled to Grand Rapids on Saturday (Jan. 20) for a dual meet with Calvin College.
The Scots took second place against the Knights, 122-294.
- Sophomore Sydney Louis-Ferdinand (Southfield, Mich./Birmingham Groves) took first in the women's 200 individual medley race, finishing with a time of 2:27.17.
- Junior Kate Lehman (Haslett, Mich./Haslett) captured the 100 butterfly event, posting a time of 1:03.27. In the 200 freestyle, Lehman placed second (2:08.45).
- In the 100 breaststroke race, freshman Haven Westra (Jenison, Mich./Jenison) won with her time of 1:13.96. She also took second place in the 1000 freestyle (12:08.10).
- Junior Eric Ferrara (Livonia, Mich./Stevenson) placed second in a pair of events today, finishing the 500 and 1000 freestyle with times of 5:14.23 and 10:53.15.
- Freshman Max Carey came in second in the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:12.44. Ferrara was a close third in that event (2:13.10).
- The women's relay team of Allison Brown (Spring Lake, Mich./Spring Lake), Lehman, Louis-Ferdinand, and Westra took second place in the 200 medley race (1:56.90).
- The 200 medley men's relay team of Nathan Wilburn (Pinckney, Mich./Pinckney Community), Cole Malhoit (Canton, Mich./Canton), Lucas Sereno (Oxford, Mich./Oxford) and Carey finished in second place (1:50.56).
- This is the second meet in a row that Westra has won the 100 breaststroke race.
They Said It
"I think we had a great meet. Our girls especially performed well. We are in a great position heading into our final two dual meets and the MIAA Championships." -Head Coach Jason Lintjer
The Scots host their first home conference meet next week on Saturday, Jan. 27. The event is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. in the McClure Natatorium.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director