Olivet, Mich. - The Alma College swim and dive team traveled to Olivet for their first MIAA meet of the year on Saturday, Jan 6. The women's team ended the day in first place with a total of 148 points, while the men took second.
- Junior Kate Lehman (Haslett, Mich./Haslett) took first place in a pair of events, posting a time of 2:19.69 in the 200 butterfly and 2:24.40 in the 200 individual medley.
- Freshman Sydney Louis-Ferdinand (Southfield, Mich./Birmingham Groves) finished three events in first place- the 1000 freestyle (11:40.13), the 500 freestyle (5:44.94), and the 100 butterfly (1:08.16).
- Freshman Haven Westra (Jenison, Mich./Jenison) landed in first place in the 100 and 200 breaststroke races, with times of 1:15.45 and 2:43.69.
- Freshman Allison Brown (Spring Lake, Mich./Spring Lake) captured the 100 and 200 backstroke events.
- On the men's side, Max Carey (Highland, Mich./International Academy West) was first in two events, swimming the 100 butterfly with a time of 58.03 and the 200 in 2:09.59.
- Junior Eric Ferrara (Livonia, Mich./Stevenson) took second place in the 100, 500, and 1000 freestyle events, with times of 53.18, 5:19.83, and 10:49.98, respectively.
- Freshman Lucas Sereno (Oxford, Mich./Oxford) landed in a tie for first place in the 100 backstroke, posting a time of 59.79.
- The Scots took first place in a total of 13 events today.
- In the relay events, the women's team of Lehman, Brown, Louis-Ferdinand, and Davis finished the 200 freestyle in first place with a time of 1:50.97.
They Said It
"We had a great meet for both the women and the men. I was happy with our effort and enthusiasm. Kate Lehman had a fantastic meet. She is having a great season overall. Allison Brown had a great meet as well, she is performing very well as a freshman." - Head Coach Jason Lintjer
The Scots will swim again on Saturday (Jan. 20) against the Calvin College Knights in Grand Rapids. The meet is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director