Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's tennis team fell 8-1 to Trine University (IN) on Sunday (April 14). Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac) and Brett Reuter (Armada, Mich. / Armada) defeated Blake and Evan Trusty 8-2 for Alma's lone victory.
Alma falls to 5-10 and 1-4 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association while the Thunder improve to 9-9 and 3-3.
How It Happened
- Ralston and Blake Trusty battled to three sets in singles competition with Ralston ultimately falling 10-5 in the tiebreaking third.
- Tait Morrissey (Canadian Lakes, Mich. / Big Rapids) had the second-closest result in a 6-4, 6-4 defeat to Jordan Baker in the sixth singles match.
- Jadon House (Brighton, Mich. / Brighton) and Sam Lindeman (Greenville, Mich. / Greenville) came up just short against Baker and Jacob Weiss, 8-6, in doubles play.
The Scots have a week off before traveling to Hope for their final away match of the regular season on Monday (April 22). It is set to start at 4 p.m.
- Blake Trusty def. Brandon Ralston 6-3, 0-6, 10-5
- Jacob Weiss def. Brett Reuter 6-2, 6-4
- Jaxon Davis def. Jadon House 6-3, 6-1
- Isaac Everitt def. Sam Lindeman 6-2, 6-4
- Evan Trusty def. Brendan Murdie 6-2, 6-2
- Jordan Baker def. Tait Morrissey 6-4, 6-4