Albion, Mich. - The Alma College men's tennis team dropped an 8-1 decision to Albion on Saturday (April 13).
Alma falls to 5-9 and 1-3 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association while Albion improves to 7-7 and 2-3.
How It Happened
- Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac) earned the only win of the day for the Scots, 7-6 [6-4], 6-2 over Josh McGarry in the top singles match.
- Brett Reuter (Armada, Mich. / Armada) hung tough against Nick Kinachtchouk, taking the first set 6-3 before ultimately falling 7-6 [7-4] in a tight second set and 10-3 in the tiebreaking third.
- Brendan Murdie (Novi, Mich. / Walled Lake Western) and David Suidgeest (St. Johns, Mich. / St. Johns) also fought hard against the team of Daniel McGarry and Patrick Smoker before succumbing to an 8-7 [7-3] defeat.
Alma returns home on Sunday (April 14) to face the Trine Thunder. The match is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.
- Brandon Ralston def. Josh McGarry 7-6 [6-4], 6-2
- Nick Kinachtchouk def. Brett Reuter 3-6, 7-6 [7-4], 1-0 [10-3]
- Israel Trevino def. Jadon House 6-2, 6-0
- Toma Shngoo def. Sam Lindeman 6-1, 6-2
- Patrick Smoker def. Brendan Murdie 6-4, 6-0
- Daniel McGarry def. Tait Morrissey 6-0, 6-3