Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's tennis team dispatched Olivet College 9-0 on Friday (March 29) afternoon. The Scots (5-6) have now won three straight matches, all of which were sweeps. Olivet falls to 1-7.
How It Happened
- Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac) began the day with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Ben Morrow. Brett Reuter (Armada, Mich. / Armada) followed with the strongest singles win of the day, 6-2, 6-0 over Tyler Nobel.
- Sam Lindeman (Greenville, Mich. / Greenville) and Tait Morrissey (Canadian Lakes, Mich. / Big Rapids) each beat their opponents with little resistance, Lindeman 6-1, 6-1 over Don Doyle and Morrissey 6-2, 6-3 over Kayleb Bradley.
- Ralston and Reuter would team up to defeat Morrow and Doyle 8-1, while Jadon House (Brighton, Mich. / Brighton) and David Suidgeest (St. Johns, Mich. / St. Johns) took down Tyler Nobel and Austin Briggs 8-6
Alma has a week off before taking to the road to face Calvin on Saturday, April 6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Brandon Ralston def. Ben Morrow 6-3, 6-3
- Brett Reuter def. Tyler Nobel 6-2, 6-0
- Sam Lindeman def. Don Doyle 6-1, 6-1
- Brendan Murdie def. Austin Briggs 7-5, 6-3
- Tait Morrissey def. Kayleb Bradley 6-2, 6-3
- David Suidgeest def. no opponent, walkover