Battle Creek, Mich. - The Alma College men's tennis team dropped its second straight match 5-4, this time to Manchester University (IN) on Friday (March 8) afternoon.
How It Happened
- Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac) won the first match of the day, beating Connor Eichenauer 6-1, 6-0.
- Brett Reuter (Armada, Mich. / Armada) played Isaac Miller tight, but ultimately fell 6-4, 7-6 (6), 10-5.
- Jadon House (Brighton, Mich. / Brighton) hung on to beat Bailey Buhrt 6-4, 2-6, 10-6, and Sam Lindeman (Greenville, Mich. / Greenville) took care of Blake Renstchler 6-1, 6-0.
- In doubles competition, Ralston and Reuter won a close 8-6 match against Eichenauer and Isaac Miller for Alma's only doubles win.
- In the deciding match, David Suidgeest (St. Johns, Mich. / St. Johns) and Brendan Murdie (Novi, Mich. / Walled Lake Western) fought tooth-and-nail against Gavin Eads & Dalton Bailey, but ultimately fell 7-8 (4).
Alma remains on the road for its next match against Muskingum University (OH). It will face the Fighting Muskies in East Lansing starting at 2:00 p.m.
- Brandon Ralston vs. Connor Eichenauer (6-1, 6-0)
- Brett Reuter vs. Isaac Miller (6-4, 7-6 , 10-5)
- Jadon House vs. Bailey Buhrt (6-4, 2-6, 10-6)
- David Suidgeest vs. Samuel Hollingsworth (1-6, 1-6)
- Brendan Murdie vs. Andrew Kibler (6-2, 2-6, 5-10)
- Sam Lindeman vs. Blake Renstchler (6-1, 6-0)