Warsaw, Ind. - The Alma College men's tennis team suffered a 6-3 defeat at the hands of Franklin College on Saturday (Feb. 23). Jadon House (Brighton, Mich. / Brighton) picked up a win in singles competition, and the teams of Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich. / Cadillac) and Brett Reuter (Armada, Mich. / Armada) and David Suidgeest (St. Johns, Mich. / St. Johns) and Brendan Murdie (Novi, Mich. / Walled Lake Western) earned wins in doubles play.
How It Happened
- After dropping the first two matches, House got the Scots on the board with a pair of 6-2 set wins over Zach Lester. Reuter played Jacob Zachary close, earning a 7-6 win in the first set, but ultimately fell 10-6 in a tiebreaking set.
- Alma picked up a pair of 8-6 wins in doubles play. Ralston and Reuter defeated Blake Amonett and Ty McCory, while Suidgeest and Murdie beat Dean Elrod and Matt Leming. Even with those wins, it was not enough to send the Scots past Franklin.
The Scots travel to the University of St. Francis on Sunday (Feb. 24) for a match starting at 1:30 p.m.
1. Brandon Ralston vs. Blake Amonett (2-6, 2-6)
2. Brett Reuter vs. Jacob Zachary (6-7 , 4-6, 6-10)
3. Jadon House vs. Zach Lester (6-2, 6-2)
4. David Suidgeest vs. Dean Elrod (2-6, 2-6)
5. Brendan Murdie vs. Ty McCory (2-6, 1-6)
6. Tait Morrissey vs. Josh Stewart (2-6, 2-6)
1. Brandon Ralston & Brett Reuter vs. Blake Amonett & Ty McCory (8-6)
2. Jadon House & Tait Morrissey vs. Jacob Zachary & Zach Lester (6-8)
3. David Suidgeest & Brendan Murdie vs. Dean Elrod & Matt Leming (8-7 )