By Harrison LaLone, Sports Information student assistant
Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's tennis team (7-8 overall, 1-2 MIAA) snapped a five-match losing streak on Tuesday (april 10) as the Scots defeated Albion College 6-3. The Scots swept the doubles matches for the first time since Feb. 27 and split the singles to earn the victory.
- The Scots opened the day with a hard-fought 9-8 victory in No. 1 doubles for seniors BJ Schuette (Jenison, Mich./Jenison) and Luke Van Fleet (Rockford, Mich./Rockford).
- Seniors Noah Ackerman (Munising, Mich./Munising) and Tristen Fox (DeWitt, Mich./DeWitt) continued the momentum with an 8-1 victory in No. 2 doubles.
- The No. 3 doubles ended with freshman Brandon Ralston (Cadillac, Mich./Cadillac) and senior Quinn Summerfield (Lowell, Mich./Lowell) taking the match by a score of 8-2
- Ackerman earned the first singles victory on the day, winning 6-3, 6-2.
- Both Ralston and Summerfield dominated their singles matches. Summerfield put up a shutout in his matches while Ralston only surrendered one game.
The Scots host Adrian College on Wednesday (April 11). The match was originally scheduled for April 4, but was postponed due to weather. The match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. and will be played alongside the Alma College women's tennis team, which hosts Adrian on Wednesday.