Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team fell 4-1 to Wisconsin-Whitewater on Homecoming Saturday (Sept. 29). Junior forward Kyle Farmer (Greenville, Mich. / Greenville) scored his team-leading fifth goal of the year and senior goalkeeper Andrew Reid (Clarkston, Mich. / Clarkston) made five saves in the loss.
The score was tied at one after the first half and the Warhawks ripped off three goals in under three minutes to secure the win. Alma falls to 3-5 after the game while Wisconsin-Whitewater improves to 5-4-1.
- Jack Wirth scored the game's first goal at 10:00 exactly. Farmer would respond with his third goal in his last three games.
- Coming out of the half, the Warhawks scored 56th, 58th, and 59th minutes to take control of the game. Twice, the Scots were beaten on broken plays, while the last goal was scored after a turnover in their own end.
- Lucas Foust (Brooklyn, Mich. / Jackson Lumen Christi) assisted on Farmer's goal. It was his second assist of the year.
- Andrew Reid and Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) have now spent exactly the same amount of time in net this season. Reid has a .710 save percentage on 31 shots faced.
- Wisconsin-Whitewater took 28 shots in the game, but only one-third of them were on net.
- In addition to scoring, Jack Wirth was given a yellow card in the 39th minute.
Alma opens up conference play with a match at Olivet on Wednesday, Oct. 3. It is set to start at 4:00 p.m.