Grand Rapids, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team fell to No. 1 Calvin College on Tuesday evening by a final score of 6-0.
Alma is now 2-7-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and 2-10-3 overall while Calvin improves to 10-0-1 and 14-0-1.
- Calvin scored in the third minute of the game on a shot by Jacob Lyon. He was one five different Calvin players to score on the night.
- The Knights added their second goal of the game just over five minutes later when Bobby McCaw scored his conference-leading 16th goal of the season.
- Francisco Jay Noyola scored in the 21st minute. Calvin would add three more goals in the second half.
- Sophomore keeper Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) made four saves in the game. He continues to lead the MIAA in saves with 74.
- Andrew Reid (Clarkston, Mich. / Clarkston) got his first minutes since Alma's first game against Calvin this year when he replaced Mast in the second half.
- Tanner Parrett (Muskegon, Mich. / Mona Shores) led the team in shots (3) and shots on goal (2).
Alma hosts Adrian at Scotland Yard on Saturday, Oct. 21, at 2:30 p.m. The Scots tied Adrian 1-1 earlier this season.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436