Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Albion, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team defeated Albion College on Saturday (Oct. 7) to pick up its first win of the season by a score of 1-0. Sophomore midfielder Tanner Parrett (Muskegon, Mich./Mona Shores) tallied his first career goal in the win. Alma is now 1-8-3 overall and 1-5-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. Albion moves to 4-7-2 overall and 1-7-1 within the MIAA.
- Both teams were scoreless in the first period, with Alma taking four shots, three from sophomore Noah Canlas (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central).
- The Scots scored in the 76th minute, with Parrett sending the ball past Brits goalie Maximillian Loria for an unassisted goal.
- Sophomore Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich./Grand Haven) continues to lead the conference in saves, racking up five to bring him to 47 total saves in conference play and 67 saves overall this season.
- Alma took seven shots this game, with two corner kicks.
- Albion had 15 fouls to Alma's five, and four yellow cards were given - one to junior Lucas Foust (Brooklyn, Mich./Jackson Lumen Christi).
Alma will host Olivet College at Scotland Yard on Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 4 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436