Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team fell to Trine on Tuesday afternoon by a score of 1-0. Alma is now 0-8-3 overall and 0-5-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association while Trine improves to 5-2-3 and 3-2-2.
Sophomore keeper Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) made five saves in the game, adding to his conference-leading total of 59.
- Trine scored in the 40th minute. Steven Bentley passed the ball from the end line to Jonathan Slone who was streaking in front of the net. Slone deflected the ball past mast for his second goal of the year.
- Trine nearly scored as the first half ended but the referees ruled that J.T. Plavchak's shot and goal came after the horn.
- Mast has made 42 saves in conference play. He is on pace for 84 halfway through the MIAA schedule, 14 more than last season's conference leader and 28 more than Nick Strait, Alma's 2016 goalkeeper.
- Four yellow cards were given in the game, three to Alma players: Alex Martinez (Buchanan, Mich. / Buchanan), Jake Geary (Novi, Mich. / Novi) and Lucas Foust (Brooklyn, Mich. / Jackson Lumen Christi).
- The Scots took 13 shots in the game and seven corner kicks.
Alma's next game is at Albion on Saturday, Oct. 7 at 11:00 a.m. The Scots dropped a 1-0 decision to Albion earlier this season. Freshman Sam Huver (Traverse City, Mich. / Traverse City Central) scored his first career goal that game.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436