Alma, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team tied Adrian 1-1 on Wednesday night for its third tie of the year. Noah Canlas (Naperville, Ill. / Naperville Central) scored his first goal of the season as the Scots improve to 0-3-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and 0-6-3 overall. Adrian sits in second place in the conference at 3-3-1 and 4-3-1 overall.
- Adrian scored the game's first goal in the 23rd minute. Jordan Miller tallied his second goal of the season after receiving a through ball and shooting to the lower right corner of the net.
- Alma responded when Canlas ripped a shot from the top of the box to the top left corner of the net.
- Neither team scored in seven total chances in both overtime periods. Keeper Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) made two of his seven saves in overtime.
- Canlas was one of two Scots to take two shots on goal, the other being Hebren Hein (Jackson, Mich. / Jackson).
- Mast leads the MIAA in saves with 49 and is fourth in save percentage at .731. He has also faced the most shots on goal (67) of any keeper in the conference.
- Canlas scored on his 23rd shot of the season and eighth shot on goal. Both of those figures lead the team.
The Scots travel to Hope to face the Flying Dutchmen on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436