Olivet, Mich. - The Alma College men's soccer team played to a 2-2 tie against Olivet on Saturday afternoon. Alma now sits at 0-4-2 overall and 0-1-1 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association while Olivet is 1-5-1 and 0-1-1.
- The Comets scored the first two goals of the game in the seventh and 30th minutes.
- Alma's first goal didn't come until the 62nd minute of the match when Kyle Salisbury (Lansing, Mich. / Grand Ledge) cut Olivet's lead in half with his second goal of the year.
- Brian Ganton (Williamston, Mich. / Williamston) tied the game in the 86th minute with his first goal of the year. Noah Canlas (Naperville, Ill. / Naperville Central) is credited with the assist on Ganton's goal.
- Alma outshot Olivet 16-13 in the game.
- Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) made four saves in the game.
- Three yellow cards were handed out in the match, all to Olivet players.
Alma will travel to Kalamazoo to take on the Hornets on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436