Delaware, Ohio. – The Alma College men's lacrosse team loss, 24-7, to Ohio Wesleyan University on Thursday (Mar. 7) at the Battling Bishops' Selby Stadium. Junior attacker Connor Alley (Powell, Ohio / Worthington Kilbourne) led the way with three goals, his fourth straight hat trick to start the season.
How It Happened
- Junior midfielder Trevor Bailey (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. / Sault Area) netted the first Alma goal just over 11 minutes into the contest.
- Senior attacker Jared Nycz (Buffalo, N.Y. / Iroqouis) scored back-to-back goals for the Scots early in the second quarter. Both of them coming unassisted. Alley would earn his first goal of the night on one set up by freshman attacker Timothy Gearig (Vicksburg, Mich. / Vicksburg).
- Bailey put home his second of the game with a man up advantage in the third quarter. Alley scored the next goal of the game a few minutes later. Nycz assisted on both of Alma's third quarter scores.
- Alley hit the third goal mark with one just under five minutes remaining. It was the final goal of the game.
- Freshman goalie Michael Donahue (Cleveland, Ohio / St. Ignatius) made a career-high 19 saves tying for the fifth most saves by a Scots netminder in a single game. It's also the most team saves for Alma since last year's matchup with Ohio Wesleyan.
- Nycz had the most shots for the Scots with 10. Alma shot the ball 15 times alone in the third quarter, but only 16 times combined in the other three periods.
- Sophomore midfielder Connor Gilbert (Battle Creek, Mich. / Harbor Creek) won a majority of his faceoffs by a total of three out of five.
The Scots have a day off before they host North Central College (IL) Saturday (Mar. 9) for a 1 p.m. start time.