Berea, Ohio - The Alma College men's lacrosse team wrapped up a two-game swing in Ohio on Saturday (March 10) with a 12-5 loss to Baldwin-Wallace University at George Finnie Stadium.
Sophomores Chase Hunyadi (Pepper Pike, Ohio/University School) and Trevor Bailey (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich./Sault Area) scored two goals each for the Scots (1-5 overall), while junior goalie Cameron Stelljes (Okemos, Mich./Okemos) made 15 saves as Alma was outshot by a 52-31 margin.
The Yellow Jackets (4-2) were led by Ben Kubiak's four goals.
How It Happened
- Baldwin-Wallace scored twice in the first six minutes to open the game with a 2-0 lead before Cole Gordon found the net to make the score 2-1 with 6:33 to play in the opening frame.
- The Yellow Jackets regained a two-goal advantage with 3:50 to play in the first quarter, scoring with a man-up, but the Scots answered 1:25 later when Bailey made the score 3-2. Baldwin Wallace ended the quarter with a score with eight seconds left to go up by a 4-2 margin after 15 minutes.
- In the second quarter, the Yellow Jackets extended their lead to three goals with a man-up marker before Bailey found the net again to make the score 5-3 with 10:13 to play in the half. Baldwin-Wallace answered with five straight tallies to pull away and led by a 9-3 margin early in the fourth quarter.
- Chase Hunyadi cut the deficit to 10-4 with 9:22 to play, but the Yellow Jackets responded with a pair of man-up goals to increase their lead to eight. Hunyadi finished the scoring with a tally with 1:33 to play.
- Alma is 0-3 all-time against Baldwin-Wallace
- Chase Hunyadi has scored two or more goals in four of his six appearances this season.
- Trevor Bailey has scored in five of his six games this season and owns four multi-goal games.
- Cole Gordon has scored in two of the last three games.
- Jake Ellens extended his point streak to five games with an assist.
- Sam Luzar recorded his first collegiate point with an assist.
The Scots will return home on Wednesday, March 14, to host Heidelberg University (OH) at Bahlke Field in the Scots' first home game since February 17. The opening faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.