Ferrum, Va. - The Alma College men's lacrosse team suffered an 11-7 defeat to Ferrum College (VA) on Monday (Feb. 26) as the Scots opened a three-game Spring Break road trip on the East Coast.
Alma (0-2 overall) was led by sophomore Chase Hunyadi (Pepper Pike, Ohio/University School), who tallied two goals and two assists, while sophomore Trevor Bailey (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich./Sault Area) scored a goal and notched an assist for two points. Seven different players scored in the game as the Scots outshot the Panthers by a 40-26 margin.
Tyler Fullem scored four times for Ferrum (2-3), while Chase Tallon tallied a game-high six points with three goals and three assists. Koby McMahon backstopped the Panthers to victory, stopping 18 shots in net.
How It Happened
- Ferrum took a 1-0 lead less than five minutes in before Chase Hunyadi scored back-to-back markers, tying the game a minute later before giving Alma a 2-1 lead with 10 seconds left in the first quarter. Ferrum responded with a goal six seconds later to tie the game at 2-2 after 15 minutes.
- Ferrum scored twice in the second quarter to take a 4-3 lead in to the break. Coming out of the half, Jake Ellens tied the game at 4-4 with 1:59 to play in the third quarter before Ferrum took control, scoring five of the game's next six goals to lead, 9-5, with 9:42 to play in the game.
- The Scots scored twice with goals by Jared Nycz and Daniel Buchy to close the gap to 9-7 with 1:20 left on the clock, but Ferrum iced the game with a pair of goals in the final 24 seconds.
- Chase Hunyadi has notched four points in each of his first two games this season. He also scored his 50th career goal and has 89 career points after 20 career games.
- Trevor Bailey owns 4-1—5 totals in his first two games with the program since transferring from Olivet College.
The Scots will be back in action on Friday, March 2, when they travel to